Side by Side: Portable Recorders
Portable recorders abound, and their features range from bare basics to multitrack editing giants. We narrowed our choices to mono/stereo recorders with XLR mic inputs. Then you can use your favorite field mic, because a recording is only as good as the mic.
One choice is based on a mic design with several mic capsules. All the models operate on batteries or another power source. As always, we included suggested price, although street prices are typically much lower.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past