Most Popular Articles
Prism Sound Releases Dscope Series III Software
Cambridge, UK - Aug 14, 2007 - Prism Sound has released the Dscope Series III audio analyzer software version 1.21. Many new features have been added at the request of users, including tools for acoustic measurements, PC audio and 192kHz sampling on digital audio interfaces. Key features included in the software revision are:
- Generation and analysis using Windows sound devices, including multi-channel device support
- 192kHz sample rate support on AES3 and S/PDIF digital audio interfaces
- Support for acoustic measurements of transducers and rooms
- Very fast measurements (including frequency response) using swept-sine (Farina) method or bin-centred noise with impulse response and FFT
- Quasi-anechoic measurement using an adjustable time-window to eliminate acoustic reflections
- Support for measurement microphone sensitivity and frequency response calibration
- Time domain averaging to reduce the effects of random noise on measurements
A number of smaller enhancements have also been added. Among these are the ability to import and export sample buffers and .WAV files; enhancements to the user interface; the ability to run a script on every sweep step; new trace transformations; clip flags on monitor outputs; and the ability to run multiple scripts simultaneously. Registered Dscope users can download the new software free of charge.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the January Issue
- Trends in Technology: AES-X210, The "Missing Piece" of AES67?
- FCC Proposes Online Publc File Rules for Radio
- RF Engineering: Licensing AM Stations Using Method of Moments
- Field Report: Zoom H6