Global Security System's Alert FM Meets FCC Compliance
Jackson, MS. – Aug 28, 2007 – Global Security Systems (GSS) announced that Alert FM, an FM-based digital alert and messaging system, is in compliance with the newly-issued Report and Order from the FCC requiring EAS participants to accept messages using the open, non-proprietary Common Alerting Protocol.
The new FCC rule is designed to strengthen the nation’s EAS by promoting the development of fully digital next-generation EAS technologies and delivery systems that will better serve the American public.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past