HD Radio receiver, translator
With the advent of HD Radio comes the need to provide HD Radio translators and repeaters. Because of the licensing involved with HD Radio, complete demodulation and remodulation of a digital signal can be cost prohibitive. The FP-TRO maintains the signal in the RF domain and converts it to the new frequency, which eliminates the cost of licensing the HD Radio technology used in the translator. The signal is then retransmitted using a Crown Broadcast amplifier.
Do you have experience with this product? Share your comments below.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past