Clean up the Audio
Process or not?
By Chriss Scherer, editor
You wouldn't think of transmitting your station over the air without audio processing, but the same concept applies to an online stream. While competitive loudness isn't the primary goal, compensating for variations in audio level and general level consistency are important concerns. Orban has assembled a comparison of audio clips using its Optimod-PC 1100 to show processed vs. unprocessed audio with various encoding formats.
Circuit Research Labs
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past