Most Popular Articles
IBOC Rules Published in Federal Register
Washington - Aug 15, 2007 - The FCC's final rules on IBOC have been published in the Federal Register. With this publication, the details of the second report and order from May 2007 will go into effect. There are three items in those rules that now have time lines. These all take effect on Sept. 14, 2007:
- AM stations can commence night-time IBOC operations.
- FM stations can multicast without obtaining special temporary authority from the FCC.
- FM stations can use separate antennas for hybrid IBOC operation without obtaining special temporary authority from the FCC.
The FCC is still seeking some comments on various aspects, and Mexico has recently made some protests about IBOC, so more information will likely be released by the FCC at a later time.
The complete final rules are available at this link.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the March Issue
- The "And More" of Automation
- FCC Enforcement Items to Watch
- Testing AM Antennas
- New Products
- Field Report: Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1
- New Products at the 2014 NAB Show
- Side by Side: IP Codecs