Most Popular Articles
Norway’s Media Authority: 4 out 5 Conditions for FM Switchoff Have Been Met
OSLO— Norway’s Media Authority is reporting that four of its five requirements for the ultimate switchover to DAB+ from FM radio have now been met. The requirements are as follows:
- • NRK (Norway’s Public Broadcaster) must have DAB+ coverage for its P1 program that is 99.5% that of P1’s FM coverage. Media Authority reports that this has been achieved.
- • Commercial Stations must have 90% coverage of the population. This has been achieved as well.
- • The digital radio services must provide content and technology ‘added-value’ for listeners. The Media Authority is satisfied that this is achieved.
- • At least half of the municipalities, and all counties, must offer DAB+ retrofits for automobiles. Media Authority has made a survey of authorized workshops across the country; estimated coverage figures show that all the counties and 80 percent of all municipalities have workshops with offerings for assembling simple adapter solutions.
- • At least half of the radio listeners must hear a digital platform daily. Recent measurements show that the digital listening share is 47 percent.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Minneapolis Public Schools upgrades their aging equipment with new Audio over IP technology
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the August Issue
- Trends in Technology: Work Smarter not Harder
- FCC Tees Up Some Late-Summer Business
- What’s “Next” for Radio?
- Field Report: JBL LSR308
- Tech Tips: How To Be in Two Places at Once