Most Popular Articles
Spain Plans Analog to Digital Radio Transition
Madrid - Jul 13, 2011 - The Spanish Ministry of Telecommunications and Information has started to plan the complete transformation of the country's radio broadcasting facilities to digital from analog.
The primary goals of the plan are:
1. The derivation of an allocation plan that will allow for complete continuity of reception of programs throughout the county
2. Promotion of the new service in close cooperation with industry representatives and other stakeholders
3. Testing to assess the feasibility of the use of DRM/DRM+ on medium-wave and VHF bands
4. A study to determine the conditions and requirements for the establishment of a date to finally cease all analog transmission
The plan itself is to be complete within 18 months.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Townsquare Media's WGRD builds a new studio for their syndicated morning show including video
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the September Issue
- Trends in Technology: Electronic News Gathering for Radio
- Tower Rules Update
- AM NRSC Measurements
- Field Report: FLIR ONE
- Small Remote Controls