Most Popular Articles
NextRadio Celebrates One-Year Anniversary
CHICAGO—One year after the introduction of NextRadio, with one smartphone on one network, the tagstation blog for NextRadio reports that there are now 25 devices that come pre-loaded with the NextRadio app, available via the Sprint, Boost Mobile, and Virgin Mobile networks. A few of the HTC models are FM-enabled and support NextRadio on all the major carriers.
Here are some interesting facts:
• There are over 5 million FM-enabled phones in the market at this one-year anniversary
• About 3000 FM radio stations are tuned each day through NextRadio, and between 60 and 90% of stations in the top 50 markets are delivering ‘enhanced content’ to the to the app
• 40% of NextRadio listening is occurring between 10 AM and 3 PM every day
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Minneapolis Public Schools upgrades their aging equipment with new Audio over IP technology
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the August Issue
- Trends in Technology: Work Smarter not Harder
- FCC Tees Up Some Late-Summer Business
- What’s “Next” for Radio?
- Field Report: JBL LSR308
- Tech Tips: How To Be in Two Places at Once