Most Popular Articles
Ibiquity Offers Promotional Radios to Stations
Dallas - Sep 21, 2006 - NAB Radio Show - HD Radio broadcasters across the country will begin new promotions this winter by giving away thousands of new radios. The HD Radio receivers span three product categories, highlighted by a connector that quickly upgrades listeners’ current car radios to receive all HD Radio programming. In addition, a tabletop radio and component tuner for home audio systems will be made available, providing broadcasters with the ability to appeal to a range of market segments. Ibiquity Digital is making these products available to HD Radio stations at $99 or more.
Robert Struble, president and CEO of Ibiquity Digital, said, "This is a unique opportunity to accelerate consumer adoption of the technology, build listenership and grow stations' ROI." Ibiquity expects to see a proliferation of creative promotions across the country that leverage these products over the next six months.
Broadcasters can order new radios at the exclusive, broadcast-promotion prices by visiting www.ibiquity.com. The three products are:
- A car connect adaptor from Directed Electronics. MSRP is $199.
- A tabletop unit from Directed Electronics. This three-piece tabletop radio offers two detached stereo speakers in a compact frame. External AM and FM antennas are provided. MSRP is $249.
- HDT-1 Tuner from Sangean . This is a component receiver for home use. MSRP is $299.
Radios will ship from their manufacturers directly to stations with expected delivery at the beginning of December.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the March Issue
- The "And More" of Automation
- FCC Enforcement Items to Watch
- Testing AM Antennas
- New Products
- Field Report: Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1
- New Products at the 2014 NAB Show
- Side by Side: IP Codecs