HD Radio Multicasts Reaches 1,000 Stations
Columbia, MD - Mar 25, 2009 - HD Radio has reached a milestone with 1,000 multicast stations broadcasting on the air. The HD Digital Radio Alliance says that WODS-FM HD2 in Boston, owned by CBS, is the 1,000th HD Radio multicast with the launch of Soft Hits -- Love Songs.
In 2005 there were only 21 multicast stations and only one HD Radio receiver available. By 2007, the number of stations reached more than 530, with another 300 stations added by the beginning of 2008.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past