DRM, HD Radio to Receive Further Testing in Brazil
The tests will be made on shortwave, mediumwave and the VHF (FM) band. SW and MW tests will be made with DRM only. High-power VHF testing will be carried out in Sao Paulo; lower power VHF tests will be carried out in Santa Catarina.
The Technical Committee of the Advisory Board of Digital Radio in Brazil's communications ministry has stressed that testing needs to be finished this year. The Ministry is looking to make a choice between the two systems. Both DRM and HD Radio have been used in Brazil.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past