Most Popular Articles
EBU Details Technology of Visual Radio Project
Geneva, Switzerland—More details have come to light as to the methods to be used in the EBU’s upcoming ‘Visual Radio Project’ that will showcase new technology during the upcoming European Athletics Championships.
EBU Technology & Innovation has developed the system that consists of different elements:
- · Data ingest, for acquiring raw metadata from Swiss Timing and storage of said data in a database
- · Data processing, for the transformation and filtering of data, and presentation to the production platform
- · Content management, which is the rendering of the visual elements, out of the input data. It’s operated by a producer at the event but could be automated.
- · Data dispatch, which is the delivery of the content to the participating broadcasters; it consists of raw images sent by ftp or directly by RadioVIS for hybrid radio or web integration
These tools will be made available as open source on the EBU.io platform for software exchange giving an opportunity to broadcasters to give feedback, to reuse, or to participate to the future evolutions, according to EBU news.
Since ‘radio’ now includes devices with color screens, in the car, at home, and on the mobile devices, broadcasters must thing think about providing these screens with attractive visual elements. It is important to mention that this is not about making television; rather, the visual radio slideshow is something that listeners glance at for summary information. EBU expects that the visual elements will also “provide a feeling and branding to the audio program.”
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the January Issue
- Trends in Technology: AES-X210, The "Missing Piece" of AES67?
- FCC Proposes Online Publc File Rules for Radio
- RF Engineering: Licensing AM Stations Using Method of Moments
- Field Report: Zoom H6