Most Popular Articles
The Top Radio magazine Stories of 2008
It's been a busy year for Radio magazine online. We've added more features than ever before including webinars and blogs, and more ways for you to communicate with the Radio magazine Forum, Talkback: The Radio Blog, and most recently, commenting on articles. We've reorganized and shuffled, hopefully making it easier for you to find what you're looking for. Many things have happened in the past year and in case you missed any of it, we've compiled this list of the top articles of the year. Radio magazine has been covering the newest and most technical information for 15 years, so you'll see articles from the past in these lists, as well as ones from the past year. Enjoy!
Top 10 Articles from the Entire Site
1. Electronic Symbols True Type Font
For the second year in a row, this article tops the list. This handy downloadable electronic symbols font set is available in our Engineer's Notebook.
2. FCC ID Number Lookup
Identify manufacturers and parts with FCC IDs, also in our Engineer's Notebook.
Several ideas to know when discussing combiners are covered in this 2001 article.
4. Passive Audio Attenuators
Although less commonly used today, this article on passive attenuators keeps popping up on our list.
5. Today in Radio History
A look back into radio's past, day-by-day.
6. Changes in Tower Standards
A brief history of the revision to the tower standards from 2004.
7. Shielded-Loop AM Antenna
Another useful article from our Engineer's Notebook, looking at loop antennas.
8. Federal Regulation: Media Must Wear Safety Vests on Highways
Safety usually gets a lot of hits on our website. That's why this past October's article on highway safety ranks number eight this year.
9. RF Amplifier Basics
With so much attention on IBOC, it is appropriate to step back and review the basic principles of RF amplifiers.
10. Tower Inspection and Climbing
Friendly tips and reminders for those who look down on the rest of us, in a figurative sense.
Top 10 RF Engineering Articles
1. July 2008: Tweaking the Antenna System
2. November 2006: The Road to Antenna Maintenance
3. February 2008: Radio Broadcasting and 700MHz
4. November 2007RF Filters
5. September 2006: FM antennas and radiation
6. September 2006: FM Antennas and Radiation
7. January 2006: Transmission Lines
8. January 2007: Living With Your License
9. November 2005: Three Phases Are Better Than One
Top 10 Currents Items
1. Federal Regulation: Media Must Wear Safety Vests on Highways
2. The Radio Magazine Pick Hits of the 2008 NAB Show
3. Orban Introduces Free Loudness/Level Metering Software
4. 119th AES Photo Blog - Oct 8
5. Never Mind the Strap, Take the Whole Tower
6. With New Administration Comes Change for Broadcasters
7. Radio Currents Online - Mar 18 - Mar 23, 2008
8. Advancement in Radio Technology Awards Winners
9. Radio Currents Online - Dec 24 - Jan 6, 2008
10. FCC Ordered to Study Bird-Tower Collisions
Top 10 Infrastructure Articles
1. Eye on Radio
2. Martha Quinn's RadioBu
3. A Clear Consolidation
4. The World's First
5. Americom Reno
6. Bob and Tom make big plans
7. Comfort & Sound
8. Upbeat Digs
10. Streamlined Station
More Top stories on the next page.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- Local Radio Spotlight: Koser Radio Group
- Trends in Technology: Streaming Audio Update
- Contest Rules Rewrite and EAS Issues
- Embedded Computing, With a Side of Pi
- Field Report: TASCAM US-366