Most Popular Articles
SBE President Voted to Second Term
INDIANAPOLIS, IND.— The membership of the Society of Broadcast Engineers has elected Joseph Snelson, CPBE, 8-VSB to a second term as national president. He will begin his one-year term October 8.
Snelson is vice president of engineering at Meredith Corp., and resides in the Las Vegas, Nev. area. He is a member of SBE Chapter 128.
Jerry Massey, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, DRB, CBNT of Greenville, S.C., was also elected vice president for a second term. Massey has chaired the SBE Sustaining Member Committee during the past year and is chairman of SBE Chapter 86, encompassing the Greenville and Spartanburg, S.C. and Ashville, N.C. areas. He is corporate regional engineer southeast and director of engineering for Entercom Greenville, LLC.
Elected to a fourth one-year term as secretary is Jim Leifer, CPBE, of Boynton Beach, Fla. He is a member of Chapter 53, South Florida, and has chaired the SBE By-laws Committee the past year. He is director of engineering and IT for Clear Channel South Florida.
Elected treasurer for a second term is Andrea Cummis, CBT, CTO of Roseland, N.J. Cummis is a member of Chapter 15 in New York City and this past year served as chair of the SBE Publications Committee. He is a broadcast consultant and owner of AC Video Solutions.
Elected to two-year terms as directors on the board are:
• Tim Anderson, CPBE, DRB, CBNE - Chief Radio Product Architect, GatesAir, Mason, Ohio
• Benjamin Brinitzer, CPBE, AMD - Regional VP Engineering, Clear Channel, Charlotte, N.C.
• Gary Kline, CBT, CBNT - Senior VP Corporate Engineering & IT, Cumulus Media, Atlanta, Ga.
• Wayne Pecena, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, DRB, CBNE - Director of Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
• Kim Sacks, CBT - Engineer, CBS Radio Washington, D.C., Lanham, Md.
• Eric Schecter, CBRE; Director of Engineering, CBS Radio/Phoenix, Scottsdale, Ariz.
Those just elected will join five other directors who have one year remaining in their two-year terms:
• Ted Hand, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, DRB - Director of Engineering/Operations, COX Media Group-Charlotte, Charlotte, N.C.
• Kirk Harnack, CBRE - VP and Executive Director, Telos Systems, Nashville, Tenn.
• Mark Heller, CPBE, CTO - President, General Manager, Chief Engineer, WGBW/WLWB Radio, Two Rivers, Wis.
• Ched Keiler, CPBE, 8-VSB, CBNT - Broadcasting Consultant, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
• Dennis Wallace, CBTE - Managing Partner, Meintel, Sgrignoli & Wallace, Waldorf, Md.
As Immediate Past President, Ralph Hogan, CPBE, DRB, CBNE, director of engineering at KJZZ(FM)/ KBAQ(FM), Tempe, Ariz., will serve on the board for the coming term. An additional seat on the board, vacated earlier this year with the resignation of director Tom Ray will be filled by the Executive Committee in the coming weeks.
The induction will be conducted during the SBE Annual Membership Meeting, held as a part of the SBE 50th Anniversary National Meeting in Verona, N.Y. The membership meeting will be streamed live from 3-4 p.m., October 8.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Cumulus builds a new campus in Nashville to house its NASH family of brands
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the October Issue
- Trends in Technology: Alternate Transmitter Sites
- Tell City Waiver Denied
- 2014 Radio magazine Salary Survey
- Field Report: Steinberg UR44
- Repurposing Older Equipment