Adelstein Recommended for FCC Seat
Washington, DC - Nov 18, 2001 - The FCC currently has one open commissioner's seat, which was held by Gloria Tristani. Democratic Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle has recommended his legislative assistant, Jonathan Adelstein, to the White House for consideration as a nominee as FCC commissioner. If confirmed, he would serve the remainder of Tristani's term, which ends in mid-2003.
Several professional organizations and lobbying groups endorse the Adelstein recommendation, including the CTIA and the NAB.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past