Most Popular Articles
Radio Hall of Fame Announces 2007 Inductees
Chicago - Sep 17, 2007 - Sean Hannity will host this year's Radio Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Nov. 3, 2007 at the Renaissance Chicago Hotel at 6 p.m. Inductees for 2007 are:
- Jerry Coleman, who in 1960 became a broadcaster for the CBS Radio Network and in 1963 began a seven-year run calling New York Yankees' games on WCBS Radio. Coleman later called for the California Angels and was the lead announcer for the San Diego Padres. He is believed to be the oldest active play-by-play announcer in Major League Baseball.
- Jimmy Durante, singer, pianist, comedian and actor who hosted his own nationally-broadcast variety show in the 1940s and was one of the nation's favorite radio stars.
- Richard Durham, best known for his 91 scripts written for a series of Black history radio dramas called "Destination Freedom," which ran on WMAQ Chicago.
- Marian McPartland, jazz pianist and violinist who hosted "Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz" in 1978, currently the longest-running cultural program on National Public Radio. In 1964, McPartland also launched a weekly radio program on WBAI-RM New York City featuring recordings and interviews with artists.
- Dan Ingram, whose 40-year career in Top 40 has made him one of the most emulated personalities, and includes stints at WICC and WNHC in Connecticut, KBOX Dallas, WIL St. Louis, WABC New York City, CBS Radio's Top 40 Satellite Survey, WKTU-FM and WCBS-FM New York City.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
When building its new broadcast production vehicle, MRN applied lessons learned from the past.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the April Issue
- Update on Transmitters
- On-air Missteps to Avoid
- Tower Lease Renegotiation
- New Products
- Applied Technology: Streaming with the MPEG HE-AAC Audio Codec
- Side by Side: Studio Furniture
- Practical Use: Circulators and Isolators