Pure Offers After-market DAB Radio for In-car Use
I've included many articles about DAB radios appearing in late-model automobiles. However, there is at least one after-market DAB radio for sale in the UK, and not surprisingly, it's made by Pure. It's called the 300Di and it has some very interesting features.
• Two receivers inside: one for the actual listening, and another that scouts the dial dynamically cataloging available DAB channels.
• Active antenna
• Pause and rewind of digital radio audio
• Connections for iPad/iPod/iPhone
• USB connection, for playing music, or installing software updates
It's important to note that the 300Di is actually an adapter that, in turn, connects to an existing car radio via its auxiliary input, or via its antenna input.
James Cridland in a recent blog post speaks highly of the 300Di. "This is really in-car DAB coming of age. I'd never have considered the clunky older model; but the new model is fab ... this looks as though it's been through lots of user testing and lots of real thought. It's a lovely thing. For £179 (about $250) it's not too expensive, either, in comparison with other in-car audio things."
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Staying on-air is priority #1, but 100 percent redundancy comes at a cost.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the November Issue
- Music is Everywhere at WTMD
- FCC Looks to Update RF Exposure Rules
- Government Shutdown Causes FCC Delays
- Applied Technology: Wheatstone baseband192
- Side by Side: Video Cameras
- Exploring More from Google Earth
- The History of W9BSP