NPO to Fund DAB+ Expansion with MW Deactivation
Hilversum, Netherlands - Jun 10, 2013 - Dutch public broadcaster NPO will fund expansion of its DAB+ network by cutting funding for two medium wave stations and taking them dark, according to Radio.NL.
The original plan was to take Radio 5 off of the air in 2017, but the discontinuation of service has been moved up to 2015. Radio 5 broadcasts a nostalgia format on 747kHz in Flevoland, and 1251kHz in Hulsberg.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past