Low-power Ohio Station Silenced by Thieves
London, Ohio - Mar 22, 2011 - WCYP-LP in London, OH, had nearly all of its equipment stolen overnight March 20. The station is a nonprofit effort run by volunteers.
London police reports it recovered the stolen equipment in a London, OH, apartment the next night. Police recovered two stolen vehicles, which had nothing to do with the station, and information from those vehicles gave the police a lead to search an apartment. Police are trying to locate a person of interest in the radio station theft.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past