Public Broadcasters Receive Support from Senate
Washington - Jun 20, 2007 - A Senate subcommittee has recommended continued support for public broadcasting in the FY 2008 Labor, Health and Human Services, Education and Related Agencies (LHHS) appropriations bill. The Senate appropriations subcommittee provided $420 million in advance funding to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting for FY 2010. Mirroring its House counterpart, this represents the first increase to this line item in four years.
The subcommittee also provided level funding of $29.7 million for the CPB Digital program to assist stations in making the transition to digital.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past