Ofcom Publishes Data on DAB Coverage in UK
London - Nov 1, 2011 - Ofcom, the UK telecommunications regulator, has published its first-ever report on communications infrastructure throughout the UK. DAB coverage and capability are part of the report. In particular, Ofcom reports:
• 91 percent of households are served by the BBC national multiplex
• 74 percent of the roads are covered by the BBC national multiplex
• 85 percent of households are served by the commercial multiplex
• 64 percent of the roads are covered by the commercial multiplex
According to Ofcom, the total capacity of the two national multiplex systems is 2.5Mb/s. Details of the entire report are available here.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
This high-visibility and high-traffic area got the full acoustic treatment.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the May Issue
- Remote Access and Site Connectivity: Wireless
- Standards of FM Allocation and Interference
- Side by Side: Mic Processors
- Field Report: Deva Broadcast DB4004
- Field Report: APT WorldCast Systems Horizon NextGen
- New Products
- 20 Years of Radio magazine: May 1994