Most Popular Articles
NATE Hosts Tailgate Talks
Watertown, SD - Jun 2, 2008 - The National Association of Tower Erectors (NATE) hosted a brief webcast titled Tailgate Talks to educate NATE members about the importance of job site safety. Don Doty, NATE chairman of the board of directors and presenter, encouraged the association's members to take action and play a lead role in changing the way the industry operates.
During the 15-minute webcast, Doty presented NATE's top five recommendations for crews to discuss during daily tailgate meetings before work begins:
- Identify potential hazards (weather, environmental hazards, tower corrosion or structural damage, electrical hazards, other hazards unique to the job at hand)
- Conduct pre-climb check of personal protective equipment
- 100 percent tie-off is mandatory
- Lock-out/tag-out procedures, and
- What to do in an emergency
"Safety isn't something that can be thought of every once in a while, it's a daily commitment," said Doty. "We are taking this opportunity to remind our members that the only acceptable way to do a job is to do it safely. As leaders at their companies, they must reinforce expectations and help avoid mistakes that cost lives."
The webcast is available online at this Webex link.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
When Northern Community Radio set out to build a new community radio station in rural northern Minnesota 38 years ago, naysayers said that it would be broadcasting “only to a bunch of gophers
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the July Issue
- Trends in Technology: Robust IP STL
- LPFM on The March
- RF Engineering: Modern Modulation Techniques
- Field Report: Tascam TH-2000 Headphones
- Battery Maintenance: Testing and Charging