Future Digital Emergecy Alert System Demo Comes to International Emergency Management Conference
Reno, NV - Nov 1, 2007 - Four emergency warning companies will demonstrate how their systems work together to create a next-generation integrated public alert system. Based on the Common Alerting Protocol, the participants state that the demonstration shows how the FCC's planned digital Emergency Alert System will work.
The demonstration will take place at the Reno, NV, Events Center Nov. 12-14, 2007, as part of the International Association of Emergency Managers annual EMEX conference in booths 614-620. The participants include Hormann America, TFT, Avtex and Acoustic Technology. Each of the four companies provides CAP-enabled warning systems.
The four participating companies will contribute specific portions of the interoperability demonstration:
- Acoustic Technology will show wireless alarm, alert and notification systems, including indoor and outdoor speakers and sirens.
- Avtex will demonstrate outbound telephone notification systems that use geographic data and telephone company information to call residents of warning areas.
- Hormann America will show software and servers used for message creation, distribution and hardware controllers for emergency warning devices.
- TFT will demonstrate Emergency Alert System technology for broadcasters, cable systems and emergency managers.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Staying on-air is priority #1, but 100 percent redundancy comes at a cost.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the November Issue
- Music is Everywhere at WTMD
- FCC Looks to Update RF Exposure Rules
- Government Shutdown Causes FCC Delays
- Applied Technology: Wheatstone baseband192
- Side by Side: Video Cameras
- Exploring More from Google Earth
- The History of W9BSP