Most Popular Articles
FEMA Releases National Test Toolkit and PSAs
Washington - Oct 5, 2011 - FEMA has posted a 28-page toolkit with information about the upcoming national EAS test on Nov.9, 2011. The document is designed to help broadcasters prepare for the test with information suitable for informing the public.
PSAs (links courtesy of the Society of Broadcast Engineers):
• Public Service Announcement (PSA) Sample Audio File #1 (Courtesy of the Nevada Broadcasters Association)
• Public Service Announcement (PSA) Sample Audio File #2 (Courtesy of the Nevada Broadcasters Association)
• Public Service Announcement (PSA) Sample Script 1 and 2
Most of the information has been gathered from broadcasters feedback from the regular FEMA EAS webinars and the Alaska and Virgin Islands tests. The final FEMA webinar before the National EAS test will be held Oct. 13, 2011.
The toolkit provides general EAS information and recommends steps for EAS public awareness campaigns. Download the PDF at www.fema.gov/pdf/emergency/ipaws/national_eas_test_info_toolkit_081511.pdf.
Additional information about the national EAS test is on the FEMA website.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Cumulus builds a new campus in Nashville to house its NASH family of brands
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the October Issue
- Trends in Technology: Alternate Transmitter Sites
- Tell City Waiver Denied
- 2014 Radio magazine Salary Survey
- Field Report: Steinberg UR44
- Repurposing Older Equipment