FCC Releases Broadcast Station Totals
Washington - Oct 22, 2010 - The Federal Communications Commission has announced the following totals for broadcast stations licensed as of Sept. 30, 2010:
|UHF Commercial TV||1,022|
|VHF Commercial TV||370|
|UHF Educational TV||284|
|VHF Educational TV||107|
|Class A UHF Stations||443|
|Class A VHF Stations||82|
|FM Translators and Boosters||6,161|
|UHF Low Power TV||1,860|
|VHF Lower Power TV||527|
|Low Power FM||864|
|Total Broadcast Stations||30,785|
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past