Most Popular Articles
2wcom Will Show Five New Products at IBC 2014
< a href="www.2wcom.com" tagret="_blank"> 2wcom manufactures and supplies professional broadcast products for FM, RDS, DAB, DAB+, DVB-S, DVB-S2 and DVB-T, with end-to-end DVB-S/S2 Audio/IP Satellite system solutions.
The company will show five new products at IBC 2014.
• MM01 Audio over IP Contribution/Distribution Solution – 2wcom’s MM01 is a new compact multi-role solution for audio over IP contribution and distribution. Targeted primarily at studio-transmitter link applications, MM01 is designed for versatility, providing advanced redundancy and monitoring functions, with the ability to integrate into diverse infrastructures. The MM01’s audio synchronization, delivered to microsecond accuracy, also suitable for SFN FM networks. It offers comprehensive support for widely-used audio codecs, including AAC and eAPTX, the MM01 also supports dual streaming and Pro MPEG FEC.
• FM2TS Professional MPEG Encoding Gateway is an eight-channel FM to MPEG Transport Stream IP gateway that can be used to provide FM audio to cable broadcasters, or to stream eight FM channels to a quality assurance institution as part of an FM monitoring solution. The FM2TS can also be deployed as a solution for transmission to gap fillers or rebroadcasting. Reducing CAPEX and OPEX by concentrating eight channels into a single device, the FM2TS also features 2wcom’s new hardware platform, with support for TS and IP functionalities, such as multiple MPTS and SPTS generation, IPv6, HTTPS, and SNMPv3.
• 2014 Hardware Platform –2wcom introduces its new hardware/software platform, designed for high-performance support of forthcoming technical developments including IPV6, IP security HTPS, SNMPV3 and many more. The basis of 2wcom’s new MM01 and FM2TS, the new platform combines 2wcom’s professional satellite receiver functionality with the company’s market-leading IP codec in an architecture adaptable for future enhancements.
• FM02 FM All-in-one FM Receiver Solution – The FM02 combines 2wcom’s experience in FM and RDS Monitoring into one unit that combines the functionality for the multiple roles of demodulation, source-switching for FM backup and FM/RDS parameter monitoring. As a demodulator, the FM02’s dual inputs can receive one FM signal for rebroadcasting and another for monitoring, or the same signal on both channels for a backup solution.
• Single Frequency Network System Solution –Offers SFN synchronization with flexible modular configuration. It provides assured μs-accurate synchronization for implementing FM SFN networks with existing analog transmission infrastructure. Distribution can be by E1, IP or satellite, and any of the feeds can be selected for backup purposes. Adjustment of runtime differences, jitter etc. is automatic.
Additionally, the company will display its FlexDSR02+/FlexDSR04t (IRD for audio contribution via satellite and IP 2wcom’s FlexDSR02+ and FlexDSR04+), as well as FlexNsert/FlexXtract (DAB+ distribution via satellite The 2wcom FlexNsert DAB+ Distribution Inserter receives a DAB ETI data stream).
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
When Northern Community Radio set out to build a new community radio station in rural northern Minnesota 38 years ago, naysayers said that it would be broadcasting “only to a bunch of gophers
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the July Issue
- Trends in Technology: Robust IP STL
- LPFM on The March
- RF Engineering: Modern Modulation Techniques
- Field Report: Tascam TH-2000 Headphones
- Battery Maintenance: Testing and Charging