Most Popular Articles
New HD Radio Receivers Break $100 Barrier
Columbia, MD - Jul 9, 2008 - The $100 price point for HD Radio receivers has been reached. The new under $100 HD Radio devices from Coby, Iluv, JVC, Pioneer, Radiosophy and Sony cost 30 percent less than one year ago. Many of the same manufacturers are offering receivers for less than $200.
Coby, Dual, Iluv, Insignia, Jensen and Sony have new receivers priced between $119 and $179.95, some of which include Itunes tagging, Ipod docks and Iphone compatibility. These and other HD Radio receivers are listed in a buyer's guide at www.hdradio.com/buyers_guide.php. There are now more than 60 unique models available from manufacturers.
Less than $100
Here are some of the new home receivers priced for less than $100.
- The Coby HDR-650 is a palm-sized, tube-shaped model with a brushed-aluminum chassis and RCA outputs to existing stereo systems that will be released this summer. Cost: $99
- The Iluv i168 features a digital clock and date display with dual alarm function. Cost $99.99
- The Radiosophy HD100 features an MP3 input, standard clock radio functions and HD Radio-exclusive scanning option. Cost: $99
- The Sony XDR-F1HD includes a wireless remote control and is available now. Cost: $99.99
Here are some of the automotive receivers priced for less than $100.
- The JVC KT-HD300 is compatible within the new lineup of in-dash units and adds HD Radio tuning to all JVC HD Radio-ready receivers. Cost: $99
- The Pioneer GEX-P10HD is a hideaway module that connects through the Pioneer head unit's IP-BUS interface. Cost: $99
- The Sony XT-100HD automotive tuner module will work with most Sony car stereo units. Cost: $99
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- Local Radio Spotlight: Koser Radio Group
- Trends in Technology: Streaming Audio Update
- Contest Rules Rewrite and EAS Issues
- Embedded Computing, With a Side of Pi
- Field Report: TASCAM US-366