Most Popular Articles
Joyride Continues Momentum as Featured Android Auto App
PALO ALTO, CALIF.—Debuted at Google I/O earlier this year, Joyride announced today it will be one of the initial apps featured in the new Android Auto platform, which will rollout to approximately 30 car brands in 2014.
Joyride delivers a personalized aggregation of streaming audio shows and news and has grown 10 times in listening hours in the past four months and aims to double that growth rate over the next year. The company says it was founded with a mission to empower people to love their commute time by providing them with access to premium, personalized audio content in their vehicle.
“Mobile devices will be the key driver for the ‘Connected Car’ to go mainstream so the everyday person has access,” said Joyride CEO and cofounder Jeff Chen.
Joyride searches and aggregates content from across the Web, rather than a closed repository of media. The app then provides on-demand, streaming access to audio content through three avenues of content delivery: search, recommendation and social discovery.
• Search: Joyride catalogs all of the shows and talks on the Internet. Unlike radio or podcasts, Joyride lets users listen to any show on the Internet whenever they want.
• Recommendation: Discover amazing content for your drive. Find top content from our community or tell Joyride your mood and let Joyride surprise and delight you instead of relying on pre-programmed channels.
• Social Discovery: Rely on those whose opinions you trust the most - your friends and family - for enjoyable content.
Joyride is available now for Android and is coming to iOS and Android Auto later this year. Its mobile app offers voice and controls optimized for access in the car. The Android Auto version of Joyride includes complete in-dash controls and will be fully optimized for voice interaction.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- Local Radio Spotlight: Koser Radio Group
- Trends in Technology: Streaming Audio Update
- Contest Rules Rewrite and EAS Issues
- Embedded Computing, With a Side of Pi
- Field Report: TASCAM US-366