Hams Plan Field Day for June 27-28, 2009
Newington, CT - June 15, 2009 - Thousands of Amateur Radio operators will show off their wireless capabilities June 27-28. Erecting radio stations in community parks, campgrounds, schools and emergency centers throughout the country, they will hold a field day and show their emergency communications abilities while having fun talking to friends via their radios.
Listings of field day locations are posted at the ARRL website. More than 35,000 amateur radio operators across the country participated in last year's event.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past