Fraunhofer IIS Audio Codecs Power Winamp, Shoutcast
Erlangen, Germany - Aug 31, 2011 - Fraunhofer IIS has signed a licensing agreement with Nullsoft, which will enable the inclusion of Fraunhofer's MPEG audio codec software in Nullsoft's software products, such as Winamp and Shoutcast.
The Fraunhofer-provided codec suite includes HE-AAC v2 and HD-AAC. HD-AAC combines lossless audio quality with the flexibility and convenience provided by the underlying AAC codec.
The latest versions of the Winamp client and Shoutcast broadcast tools incorporate Fraunhofer's HE-AAC v2. Future versions will also feature HD-AAC.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past