Most Popular Articles
First European HD Radio Forum Held in Germany
Columbia, MD - Apr 6, 2007 - More than 70 industry executives representing the automotive, broadcast, data content and IC industries attended the first-ever HD Radio European Forum held recently in Cologne, Germany. The agenda featured updates on the HD Radio roll-out, an overview of current and future HD Radio applications and a road map on future plans. Ibiquity Digital hosted the Forum.
HD Radio technology has been in the European headlines several times over the past year.
- In February 2007, R.V.R. Elettronica became the first licensed HD Radio broadcast equipment manufacturer in Europe.
- In January 2007, German-based BMW announced that it would be the first automotive OEM to offer a factory-installed digital HD Radio receiver as an option across its entire 2007 product line.
- In February 2006 a HD Radio trial began in Warsaw, Poland, with more detailed testing of the system expected later this year.
- In April 2006, VHF testing began and was sponsored by Radio Sunshine and Ruoss began in Lucerne, Switzerland. Tests are planned to continue on a full-time basis through the autumn of 2007.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the March Issue
- The "And More" of Automation
- FCC Enforcement Items to Watch
- Testing AM Antennas
- New Products
- Field Report: Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1
- New Products at the 2014 NAB Show
- Side by Side: IP Codecs