Most Popular Articles
First European HD Radio Forum Held in Germany
Columbia, MD - Apr 6, 2007 - More than 70 industry executives representing the automotive, broadcast, data content and IC industries attended the first-ever HD Radio European Forum held recently in Cologne, Germany. The agenda featured updates on the HD Radio roll-out, an overview of current and future HD Radio applications and a road map on future plans. Ibiquity Digital hosted the Forum.
HD Radio technology has been in the European headlines several times over the past year.
- In February 2007, R.V.R. Elettronica became the first licensed HD Radio broadcast equipment manufacturer in Europe.
- In January 2007, German-based BMW announced that it would be the first automotive OEM to offer a factory-installed digital HD Radio receiver as an option across its entire 2007 product line.
- In February 2006 a HD Radio trial began in Warsaw, Poland, with more detailed testing of the system expected later this year.
- In April 2006, VHF testing began and was sponsored by Radio Sunshine and Ruoss began in Lucerne, Switzerland. Tests are planned to continue on a full-time basis through the autumn of 2007.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Minneapolis Public Schools upgrades their aging equipment with new Audio over IP technology
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the August Issue
- Trends in Technology: Work Smarter not Harder
- FCC Tees Up Some Late-Summer Business
- What’s “Next” for Radio?
- Field Report: JBL LSR308
- Tech Tips: How To Be in Two Places at Once