FEMA Releases National Test Toolkit and PSAs
Washington - Oct 5, 2011 - FEMA has posted a 28-page toolkit with information about the upcoming national EAS test on Nov.9, 2011. The document is designed to help broadcasters prepare for the test with information suitable for informing the public.
PSAs (links courtesy of the Society of Broadcast Engineers):
• Public Service Announcement (PSA) Sample Audio File #1 (Courtesy of the Nevada Broadcasters Association)
• Public Service Announcement (PSA) Sample Audio File #2 (Courtesy of the Nevada Broadcasters Association)
• Public Service Announcement (PSA) Sample Script 1 and 2
Most of the information has been gathered from broadcasters feedback from the regular FEMA EAS webinars and the Alaska and Virgin Islands tests. The final FEMA webinar before the National EAS test will be held Oct. 13, 2011.
The toolkit provides general EAS information and recommends steps for EAS public awareness campaigns. Download the PDF at www.fema.gov/pdf/emergency/ipaws/national_eas_test_info_toolkit_081511.pdf.
Additional information about the national EAS test is on the FEMA website.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
This high-visibility and high-traffic area got the full acoustic treatment.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the May Issue
- Remote Access and Site Connectivity: Wireless
- Standards of FM Allocation and Interference
- Side by Side: Mic Processors
- Field Report: Deva Broadcast DB4004
- Field Report: APT WorldCast Systems Horizon NextGen
- New Products
- 20 Years of Radio magazine: May 1994