Most Popular Articles
Carlisle, PA, Radio Station Suffers Fire
Carlisle, PA - Jan 2, 2012 - The studios of WIOO-AM were ravaged by fire on Jan. 2, 2012. The fire was caused by an electrical problem, and fire inspectors say there was nothing suspicious about the event, which appears to have started in a first-floor ceiling.
No one was injured in the fire, because no one was in the building during the New Year's weekend.
The station owners are currently looking for a new studio facility while it is determined if any equipment can be salvaged. The transmitter sites are in separate locations. One newspaper report says the station's compact disc and record library seems to have survived.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
When Northern Community Radio set out to build a new community radio station in rural northern Minnesota 38 years ago, naysayers said that it would be broadcasting “only to a bunch of gophers
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the July Issue
- Trends in Technology: Robust IP STL
- LPFM on The March
- RF Engineering: Modern Modulation Techniques
- Field Report: Tascam TH-2000 Headphones
- Battery Maintenance: Testing and Charging