Bird Technologies Celebrates 70 Years
Solon, OH - Bird Technologies, a pioneer in RF communications, recently celebrated 70 years. Founded in 1942 by J. Raymond Bird, the company has nearly 50 patents under its wings and installations in more than 130 countries. From the historic Model 43 Thruline Directional Wattmeter, which put Bird on the RF communications map in the early 1950s, to its new 7020 Series Power Sensor. In many markets, Bird’s 43 Wattmeter still remains the standard against which all other wattmeters are measured.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past