BBC to Complement 2012 Olympics Coverage with DAB
London - May 21, 2012 - To cover the 2012 Olympics, the BBC will provide a 24-hour per-day radio station to be called Radio 5 Olympics Extra, to complement BBC Radio 5 Live and BBC 5 Live Sports Extra, for the duration of the Olympic Games in London (July 27 - Aug. 12). Mobile and tablet services will be provided as well.
These stations combined will bring round-the-clock news, commentary and coverage with the majority of the stations' output coming live from Olympic venues around the UK.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past