Archos Introduces Android-based Wi-fi Radio
Denver - Jun 23, 2011 - Archos has introduced the Archos 35 Home Connect -- a portable, battery-powered Wi-fi radio that uses the Android operating system. According to Archos, the device light, has an extra-long battery-life and fits in one's hand. The company touts two high-definition speakers specifically designed for improved bass.
One built-in app is has is that of TuneIn. Also note that the user will have to be inside a Wi-fi hotspot for the radio to work. Archos anticipates the unit to be available in September at an MSRP of $149.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
A cutting-edge radio and TV broadcast media center brings hope and entertainment to a sixth pediatric hospital.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the December Issue
- IP Audio Begins Interoperability Journey
- New Tower Construction Update Mainly for the Birds
- The FCC has been busy since the government shutdown in October 2013.
- Applied Technology: HD Voice
- Field Report: iZotope RX3 Advanced
- Side by Side: Portable Recorders
- New Life for Legacy Equipment
- Do You Remember? Gifts of Holidays Past