Most Popular Articles
RAJAR: Analog Listening Share in UK Is Lowest Ever
LONDON—According to the very latest
Digital listening remains flat year over year at 36.8 percent, but ‘unaccounted-for’ listening has increased from 4.6 percent to 6.6 percent. Over half of the population (51.4 percent of the UK or 27.5 million people) now listens to digital radio platforms each week. Some of the other germane findings:
• DAB remains the most popular platform for digital listening, with 237 million hours, up 1 percent year over year. DAB listening growth has been driven by the increase of DAB listening in-car.
• Online/apps listening hours are up 2 percent year over year and radio listening on digital TVs declined by 10 percent, coinciding with changes to electronic program guide (EPG) layouts.
• Ownership of DAB digital radios continues to grow with 48.5 percent of the population (26 million adults) now having access to a DAB digital radio, up 7 percent year over year.
• In-car listening accounts for 22 percent of listening hours, and a record 11.7 percent of in-car hours are now listened to on digital, up 12 percent year over year.
• 6.7 million people now listen to digital radio in their car each week, an increase of 490,000 people year over year.
The last point coincides with Q2 2014 figures from CAP/SMMT which show that 55 percent of new cars now have digital radio as standard and that 1.2 million cars in the last year have been fitted with DAB digital radio. Digital Radio UK estimates that now around 9 percent of cars now have digital radio.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the November Issue
- Trends in Technology: HD Radio Transmission Update
- Franken FM Stations
- Wi-Fi on Wheels: The Connected Car
- Field Report: Yamaha MG10XU
- Transmitter Site Cleanup