Most Popular Articles
The 137th AES Convention to Offer Expanded Broadcast and Streaming Track
NEW YORK— The broadcast and streaming audio platform evolution and convergence will be on display at this year Broadcast and Streaming Track during the 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention, Oct. 9- 12, 2014, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Streaming Track Chairman David Bialik has identified trends and assembled a series of panels that will explore and discuss these topics. The presentations include:
• Loudness for Streaming and Radio • Audio Issues for 4k and 8k Television • Facility Design • Audio Issues and HTML5 • Routing Audio in a Broadcast Facility • Listener Fatigue and Retention • Hear Now/Sound Effects • SBE/Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Equipment • Troubleshooting Software • Compliance with CALM Act/PLOUD • The Streaming Experience • Telephony and IP Codecs: How to Choose What Is Best for You • Understanding Audi0 Processing: How to Use the Audio Processor • MPEG-DASH: What about Audio?
Attendees at these sessions will also have the opportunity to look at facility design through the eyes of Eddie Kramer, engineer/producer for such legendary acts as Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin and Kiss, and the Walters-Storyk Design Group’s studio designer John Storyk. They will be there to discuss how KEPX(FM) in Seattle and KPFK(FM) in Los Angeles, are managing changes.
“The AES Tracks, Sessions and Workshops are about learning ‘Technology and Technique,’ while the sales presentations stay on the exhibition floor. I believe this is the reason that the attendance for the ‘Broadcast and Streaming’ sessions only increases year after year,” said David Bialik.
Acceptable Use Policy blog comments powered by Disqus
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Today in Radio History
The history of radio broadcasting extends beyond the work of a few famous inventors.
Read each issue online in our Digital Edition Format in your Web browser.
EAS Information More on EAS
The feed provides feeds for all US states and territories.
Need a calendar for your computer desktop? Use one of ours.
Information from manufacturers and associations about industry news, products, technology and business announcements.
Cumulus builds a new campus in Nashville to house its NASH family of brands
Browse Back Issues[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Also in the October Issue
- Trends in Technology: Alternate Transmitter Sites
- Tell City Waiver Denied
- 2014 Radio magazine Salary Survey
- Field Report: Steinberg UR44
- Repurposing Older Equipment